17 June 2008

checklists and bison and drumlins, oh my!

Slowly but surely uploading photos... today is day eight already!

When I was in high school, a bunch of us from youth group were at a diner, probably after forcing our youth pastor to bring us to a Presbytery meeting or something. I probably made some offhanded comment about how my goal in life was to break 200,000 miles in the car I drove at the time (a Nissan Stanza which died at nearly 204,000 during my junior year of college) and then I could die happy. Well, Wayne, our youth pastor, did not find that acceptable and wrote a list of things I needed to do before I died on the back of the diner placemat, including but not limited to: live outside of NJ for more than a year (check), kiss a prairie dog (check), and travel to Saskatchewan... CHECK! Another item on the list was "drive on the edge", very unspecific, but I'm pretty sure I've done that in the past week: the edge of the Great Lakes, the edge of America, the edge of Canada, the edge of FLAT, FLAT, FLAT LAND.

But we got to see some bison, and that rocked! Actually, I've enjoyed the flat drive. It's flat. It's very different from the flat I come from, living next to the ocean. It's flat and grassy. And flat. But it's pretty, and I manage to find random minor glacial landforms and other geographic phenomena. Society might call me nerdtastic. Society would be absolutely correct.

Tomorrow we're going to check out the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Heritage Center and carry on to Saskatoon via Moose Jaw. Life is awesome.

By the way, JACK Parental Units, we are incredibly amused by the plethora of ways you have decided to sign your comments besides "Mom" and "Dad" since there's four of each of you. Keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment