13 March 2011

spring ahead

I absolutely love that springing ahead coincided with a beautiful, beautiful spring-like day.

Yesterday, I went up to camp for a board meeting. One of our board members lives 15 miles north of me and offered to drive me up, for which I was grateful. Usually I love to drive myself long distances, but I'm still feeling a bit travel-lagged from the last adventure, and it was nice to just sit back and be able to look around a lot more than I usually get to. I was curious to see what all of the flooding would look like up north, and to see how camp fared in our bad rains last week. It didn't seem too terrible on any of the roads we were driving. I enjoyed the scenery and noticed a lot of things that I don't usually see while focused on the road-- lots of creeks, actually. Then it occurred to me, that was what flooding looks like in the mountains. I wasn't along any coasts that have lost ground, just saw much faster and higher streams than usual. Interesting. Also, the snow at camp is finally almost gone (last time I was there, we had about a foot and a half, plus another 6-8 inches fell while I was there). Different. Spring is coming.

Today I had a visit to Belmar. It went well. I had some good conversations with families in the First Presbyterian Church, and also with the pastor, who is a huge Johnsonburg enthusiast. It was a gorgeous day to roll down the windows and take the long way home along the coast, smelling a little salt in the air. Ah, the Jersey shore. Not Jersey Shore. The real Jersey shore.

Big brother was here for a short visit and the beer of the day is the Mikkeller Coffee IPA I've been saving for him. Pretty good.

Happy Daylight Saving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment