07 April 2011

passports

I just got an email from my mom, subject: You can...

It said:
now go get lost in the world (not really). Our passports came!

I found this amusing because until now, my older brother was my only immediate family member with a passport, so the joke has always been that it would be on him to retrieve me if I ever got in trouble abroad. Before that, we just assumed my uncle or someone would come for me if it was ever that urgent. So now my parents get that responsibility! Kinda cool.

Well, not the getting lost part, but the ultimate message of "go explore". As much as we joke about the passport thing, I'm greatly appreciate of the general encouragement to see the world. I can't wait till I have a job that either makes me do more of that, or at least allows me to afford to do that during the vacation time it also affords me.

One step at a time. Back to the thesis revisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment