15 May 2011

This Sunday's trail:


View Larger Map

This week's visit was to Morris Plains, located near all sorts of great historical sites. Unfortunately, I couldn't stick around the area and see what I could see, as I needed to get home for my choir concert (which was not so unfortunate, in fact, I had a great time singing). I took a pretty boring route on the way up, but followed Route 202, a state road, on my way back south. This put me straight through Morristown, which startled me with its height. It was really only a few hotels and office buildings, but for some reason I didn't expect it. Other than the immediate downtown area, it was a pleasant drive over hilly, curvy roads with old houses and trees.

Tree of the day: the enormous Gingko tree I saw somewhere along 202. I need to go back and find and measure it because I'm a dork. Gingkos are cool. They're "living fossils", meaning that they're practically identical to fossils of the same plant millions of years ago. The specie has hardly changed. Also, I'm a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment