01 January 2011

Happy New Year!

I spent 2010 all over the place. I didn't spend more than two consecutive weeks sleeping in the same place, whether spending a night at Cheryl and Gurzo's to lessen my commute to Rutgers, or spending days off from camp at home, or taking trips to Virginia or Malawi, among other adventures. Earlier in the year, my friend Becky sent me an email about settling back into her townhouse following Peace Corps and world travels, saying "There is something therapeutic about putting your toothbrush in the same place every night, right? Earp, I know you're not familiar with that experience." Good point, Becky. I imagine there is something therapeutic about that, but I enjoyed my year of constantly changing scenery, and keeping my toothbrush in my awesome travel toiletries bag.

Will I travel in 2011? Of course. I'm actually spending the first week of the year in Virginia for a wedding and some general hanging out, and then returning to New Jersey for work: I'm returning to camp as the Marketing Assistant, to advocate Johnsonburg to Presbyterian churches and other groups around the great state of New Jersey. I'm excited to be able to share with others the beauty and awesomeness that is camp, and of course appreciative of a good excuse to explore new and different places in NJ while I'm at it. I'll be finishing the masters next month and looking for more permanent work, but I'm looking forward to being at camp in the meantime.

Happy New Year, all!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the camp gig!! So glad I caught this post! That "same place" where I stash my toothbrush each night? Still that world-traveling toiletry bag. Guess I'm always ready to go. Excited to see where we're off to this week!

    ReplyDelete