21 July 2012

It's Mari-time!

I couldn't resist.

Bags packed (record turnaround of arriving home from the Outer Banks at 2AM, sleeping, doing laundry, packing, showering and ready and antsy to get going). Totally stoked to be traveling with the amazing JACK again. Canada and the Lighthouse Challenges (though one lacked a vowel) have been really great experiences and I'm thrilled to be spending a few days straight with some of the best girls I know.


Things I'm most excited for, in no real order--
  • Spending time together. It's been hard with Amanda living a state or two away, me being all over the place, grad schools and various other challenges. I'm really thankful that Jamie and Katie live so close but it can be challenging to coordinate.
  • New Brunswick. I thought it would be hilarious whilst attending school in New Brunswick, NJ, to say "Hey, going to New Brunswick for the weekend!" and leaving the country. That never happened, but I'm still amused.
  • Seeing stuff I learned in college in real life. Thanks Dawn Bowen.
  • Finding a moose. It's going to happen.
  • Seeing the joy on Katie's face as we stop at some of the big things in eastern Canada!
  • Helping Jamie rack up some miles on her new car.
  • Seeing Amanda for more than a day!
  • CANADA!
  • EVERYTHING!!!
We'll be updating http://tinnybopper.livejournal.com, our blog from our first Canadian roadtrip, but I'll probably cross post/ update here for posterity, too. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Dan and some friends took a road trip to Newfoundland the last week of college (though, they practically were in Canada for school). He saw moose and caribou EVERYwhere, so fear not, I know you shall see a moose (or ten)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to MOOSE sightings! (and pictures there of!)

    ReplyDelete