05 March 2013

next year's geography

Chinook, Montana
+little agricultural town
+far away from everything
+near the Canadian border
-not really utilizing my education
+but I like the work anyway (being a youth director or working with seniors in town)
+and would have more free time to further career-relevant experience on my terms
+small program (two other volunteers)
-far from major airports (making travel to certain beautiful friends' weddings more challenging/expensive)


Boston, Massachusetts
+the food justice program sounds really exciting, and relevant to my skills and interests in a way that compliments what I want to be when I grow up while stretching said skills and interests
+the director is super enthusiastic
-might be difficult to be so close to home without really being able to visit much
+Paul and Laura will be living there
+it's this program's first year so I might be able to help get it off to a good start
-it's this program's first year so it's not especially established
-geographically, just not as attracted to living there as other places

New Orleans, Louisiana
+++the CHART program is in my wheelhouse (wetlands rehabilitation, research, education, outreach)
-that's the only program that's really relevant
+but there's a pretty strong chance I can do that
+I had a really good connection with the site coordinator (and she loves NJ)
+New Orleans seems like a cool new different place to live for a year
+I don't know why I have little else to say about it because the program seems awesome

3 comments:

  1. Where ever you end up, I will go adventuring to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Orleans! Or Boston.... Then the other one, I guess.

    ReplyDelete