27 March 2013

Where I am

One of the best things about McCarran Airport (Las Vegas) is free wireless internet, particularly when one is spending six hours in said airport today. It's a good consolation prize considering I found out yesterday that my credit card gets me into a new fancy pants lounge for free, but that lounge is in the other terminal. Other consolation prizes include my Moe's burrito and the pretty sunrise hitting the mountains.

So that's where I am right now: the airport. Heading home to New Jersey via Charlotte and Philadelphia (because I couldn't rationalize a layover in New York City to fly to Philadelphia but it was $40 more to fly just to New York or Newark).

Where I am in my life, personally, emotionally (and metaphysically, as Si Robertson would say)...

...that's another story. I am really, really excited for my new adventure in New Orleans starting at the end of the summer, which is sounding better and better all the time (I promise more details soon). I'm excited about another summer at Johnsonburg doing a job that I love. I'm excited about working at the Jersey Shore Arts Center a little in the meantime. I'm excited to see my parents, my family, my friends, the ocean, and pine trees. I'm excited to run the Muddy Buddy in Richmond with Brian in April and see Josh Ritter in D.C. with Brittany in May (and see what other Virginia shenanigans I can create).

I'm really sad that my cat won't be there when I get back tonight.

I'm really really sad about being so far away from Mike. I have a lot of things to be thankful for and excited about, but today it's feeling a lot like, "Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"

There are things I will miss about Arizona. The desert turned out to be pretty interesting, full of very unique beauty and some glorious adventures. I will miss my hilly morning walks, the weird desert plants, the big sky, and how nice my hair looks when humidity is absent.

I will not miss being unemployed. That made me nuts.

I'm doing all right. Actually, my life is generally pretty awesome these days. And, now that I've wasted some time putting some words down, only one more hour till boarding begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment