19 August 2013

a day in the life

7:19 AM: woke up.
7:21 AM: bowl of Cheerios
7:23 AM: Packing Crisis #1-- which soil books do I bring to New Orleans with me?
7:31 AM: Packing Crisis #2-- I found a small pile of laundry that wasn't washed yet.
7:31 AM: Packing Crisis #3-- I remembered I hadn't finished unpacking my car from Johnsonburg yet.
8:06 AM: Decide to stop unpacking for a moment to start writing this nonsense down.
8:21 AM: Thank goodness Fred, the soil scientist I've been working with, takes me seriously. "Ok. You'll probably want to take the Field Guide for Describing Soils because that'll help keep your describing skills sharp. Can't think of what else to bring. I'd say the Soils of NJ but I don't want it to make you homesick. But that's an interesting read anytime!"
8:37 AM: Clothes in dryer, going to get oil changed and stop by the bank. And get a bagel. This is my last day in NJ for a while.
9:31 AM: Got home from errands to find that Mom has taken a half day to provide moral support/distract the little dog while I pack!
9:37 AM: Announce that I will start packing.
9:55 AM: Actually begin packing.
9:56 AM: Pick up little dog instead of packing.
9:59 AM: Actually actually really start packing. I decided to break this up into parts: a small suitcase for orientation week, then a big suitcase for all the other stuff.
10:13 AM: I packed for the week. I deserve a break. Looking up directions to where I'm going.
10:51 AM: I know where I'm going! And will go to three new states in the next 10 days!
10:52 AM: I'm thirsty.
10:57 AM: I'm hungry.
11:00 AM: Ate some string cheese. Because I'm awesome.
11:04 AM: Thinking about finishing packing.
11:17 AM: Dancing with the little dog? I mean, I'm aiming to leave around 1 to visit the ocean and pick up Katie. I've got time still?
11:19 AM: OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH WHERE ARE ALL OF MY SHOES WHERE ARE MY SHOES WHERE ARE MY SHOES
11:20 AM: They were in my duffel bag from camp still. I wonder if I forgot to unpack anything else? Ha ha.
11:27 AM: Actually seriously begin packing.
11:49 AM: BOOM. Done. Seriously. Except for books, but that doesn't count. That will be the hardest part.
12:03 PM: Picked out a sufficient amount of books.
12:04 PM: Winding down. Time for my everything bagel!
12:24 PM: Going to actually move those bags into my car. In a minute.
12:25 PM: OK OK OK  I'm going!
12:26 PM: After I let the little dog inside.
12:45 PM: Car is packed and I am casually finishing my bagel and hanging out with my mom.
12:51 PM: PILLOWS OH MY GOODNESS I ALMOST FORGOT PILLOWS!
12:55 PM: I am heading out. Stopping at church to drop off a certain wedding reservation form at church because I promised Janet Mike that I would. Going over the bridge to pick up Katie to ensure that I dip my feet in the ocean one more time. Then heading to Stony Point, NY for a week of orientation before I depart for New Orleans, via Kentucky.

Thank you everyone for your love and encouragement.


1 comment:

  1. So THAT??? was what was going on? HAHA!

    ReplyDelete