30 September 2013

I will be a hummingbird.

I just got back from a few days spent down the bayou-- with a sawyer who retired when he saw what his environmental impact was, with a group of leaders from environmental foundations, and with some elders in the Point-au-Chien community. It's been busy, and overwhelming at times, and exciting at others. I'll write more about each meeting, but while I ponder these adventures, I wanted to share this:



Please take a moment to watch and share. This is so, so important. BP really hasn't released much funding for environmental cleanup or restoration, much less to cover the economic, social and health problems created by the Horizon disaster. They just keep making carefully worded commercials that lead the rest of the world to believe things are ok down here. They aren't.

Sometimes I get really overwhelmed by the myriad problems here. There are so many different environmental issues, which overlap with so many social issues, which overlap with health and economic and cultural issues. It's so much. What can I do as one person?

I will be a hummingbird.

(I know I've shared this before, but it doesn't get old. This motivates me.)

1 comment:

  1. I have never been fully aware of the magnitude of the BP oil spill. thank you so, so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete