02 October 2013

Mulungu ndi nabwino, nthawi zonse!

I love happy updates from Malawi.

The Maize Mill Miracle from Villages in Partnership on Vimeo.

Without a maize mill, women work from dawn till lunchtime, breaking their backs to grind the maize needed just for that day's meals. With a maize mill, this frees up hours of their day to go to school, to address other needs, and eliminates some of the cause of a lot of musculoskeletal problems.

My time in Malawi was so deeply moving, that I know I want a life of service. I'm getting more of an idea of what that means, especially as my current work is volunteer service, and I'm hoping for a career in service to my country.

In the meantime, I love love love hearing good news of progress in the Sakata area of Malawi.

No comments:

Post a Comment