26 June 2009

home again

Long, challenging trip home, but I arrived safely Thursday night.

Things I do actually miss about Mexico:
  • Manzana Lift- I've never been a big soda drinker, but carbonated apple juice at the end of a long day of work? SO refreshing.
  • Bugambilias- We've been over this.
  • trying new foods straight off the tree/vine/plant/whatever- including, but not limited to pineapples, tamarinds, dog balls fruit, various types of oranges, coconut, guanabana, sugarcane, passionfruit...
There were plenty of other things I really enjoyed, but it's nice to be home. I had milk with dinner that night. I had Guinness last night. I've been to the beach. Life is good. I'm home for a week before heading out to a suburb of Pittsburgh to lead a large group of junior high kiddos on a housing repair mission trip.

Tree of the forever: the ugly ol' pitch pine, so near and dear to my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment