21 June 2009

My apologies in advance.

Happy Fathers Day! Hi Dad!

Not much to report here. It poured all morning. Everyone else has gone to the ruins at Calakmul, which are three hours away, so I opted out in favor of getting some work done at a leisurely pace and strolling around town to see what I can see later on. I'm happy with my decision, except for one thing. And this is why I'm writing.

I went back to bed for a little while after they left, and when I got up and walked out of my room, I felt a squish under my bare foot. It's been pouring for days, remember? So I figured it was a wet leaf that lost its way, or maybe some stray mud.

Then I looked.

It was an enormous cockroach. Emphasis on "was".

Thanks for reading, I couldn't suffer alone.

(At least it wasn't one of our little lizard friends, then I would have been upset in an entirely different way, kind of like when I ran over the prairie dog in Saskatchewan, which we never need to talk about again.)

Tree of the day: our coconut palm in the backyard, which has sustained some major branch damage after this morning's storm

Edited to add: Great to talk to you today, various family members who were spending Fathers Day together!

1 comment:

  1. Katie Brendler24 June, 2009 04:27

    haha, oh my goodness, sorry about your cockroach incident but as I sit here and imagine this, I an finding it extremely hilarious, good times, I appreciate you sharing

    ReplyDelete