20 June 2009

Ride, captain, ride upon your mystery ship!

Guess what it did today? There's a tie for rainy day photo, although one is foreshadowing and one is... aftershadowing? Is that a word? It is now.

It did rain again, though it thankfully held off until after we finished the ejido of the day, Aaron Merino Fernandez. We had a plethora of people in the truck this morning, which I was quite worried about: myself, Irene, Juan-Pablo, Angel, Alberto and the ejidotario makes more people than we have seats. I didn't like the idea of forcing anyone to sit in the back with the threat of rain, even the interns, who are meant to be treated poorly (right? But they're good boys. They're helping me. They're nice.) But Angel and Alberto volunteered to sit in the back while we drove from plot to plot. I'm the only driver left here and Alex had the day off, so I had a good time (and thus, the interns had a good time) sliding through some intense mud puddles in the Hilux. It was a bit more like sailing a ship than driving a truck at times, but I didn't get stuck or stall!

After we finished at Aaron Merino Fernandez, we headed out to the last ejido on my list. We've been having trouble finding anyone to ask permission to work. Well, today we had better luck, finding the entire leadership board of Petcacab and Polinkin. (Of note: two ejidos in one!) The comisario, his treasurer, secretary, security guy and I don't remember what the fifth guy's job was? together granted us permission to work there on Tuesday. That plus Los Divorciados on Monday means that I'll visit everywhere on my list before I head home!

tree of the day: cedro. Have I already picked that one? It's cedar, but it's very, very different from cedar as we know it in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment