19 August 2010

en route to the airport in 6 hours!

I think I've always been decent at packing for travel, but I think I just brought this to new heights. I managed to put all of my clothes (ALL! for TWO WEEKS!) into one standard sized carry on suitcase. My toiletries and over 40 pounds of donated supplies made it into the infamous black duffel bag. I have a backpack that has various important objects (passport, wallet, journal, etc.) but also enough space to carry a few things for the others I'm travelling with.

Tomorrow morning I'll meet the team at check-in, where we will each check at least one 50 pound bag of just supplies, plus our second 50 pound bag mixed with our own things and supplies, plus we're each carrying two carry ons that are a mix of our things and supplies. Probably 500 or more pounds of things to give away. This is so amazing.

I'm not entirely sure that I'll be able to update while I'm over there, but there is a chance I might be able to post a little something once or twice. Regardless, I can't wait to share my awesome experience with you when I get back! Thanks so so much for all of the well wishes and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment