05 June 2011

and back again

Long 24 hours or so, but definitely good.

Yesterday, Taylor and I went to the Herdon Fest to see my college roommate Brittany play. This was my first time seeing her play live, and sadly her band was not playing with her today, but she played beautifully and it was really fun to see her perform. Hopefully it won't be so long till the next time I get to see her play!

After getting dinner, I hit the road en route to Wilmington for a layover/Catherine retrieval before my Sunday church visit. This week: Cranbury, an old church in a little town.

We left Wilmington a few minutes later than I'd hoped but it resulted in witnessing something really cool: the Sullenberger plane was being transported very slowly, accompanied by a herd of police vehicles, down Route 130. It was kind of exciting to see that happy piece of history.

Cranbury is a really cute, tiny, historic town, founded well before the Revolutionary War. I was unfortunately in a hurry to get back to camp for something going on in the afternoon so didn't get to enjoy it as much as I could have, but the main street was dotted with old houses and cemeteries. Very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment