10 June 2011

This entry is about travel to a sort of different place, without leaving home.

Last night, we had a storm that knocked out the power for four hours. Just as we lost the last of daylight, I found a few candlesticks, which I lit and then used a little melted wax to stick to my table, like I learned in Malawi:



and the preseason came over while Noah and I jammed, he on a really nice guitar and me on my trusty ukulele. We started singing along. It was hot and humid and pretty dimly lit but so much fun, and just such a beautiful way to be spending time together. Everyone was just so present. No video games or movies or technology (well, aside from phones I guess, which was the only flaw to this awesome evening), just each other's company and laughing and voices. It just made me happy. I hope it happens again, whether the power goes out and forces it upon us or we just spend an evening with the lights off and the candles lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment